Sunday, March 7, 2010

Escape to Never-Neverland

Do you ever wish you could turn back the clock and return to the simple joys of childhood? Would you do anything different? My uber-talented sister Megan posted some pictures of our childhood home and yard online and it made me cry looking at the warm, familiar places. I have felt so homesick for family lately and am counting down the 4 weeks to go see them and Chris's family. I am broken hearted because this may be my last visit in my childhood home. Mom and Dad are building a house in Utah and I am so happy for them but I am sad for me. (Selfish, I know.) I always imagined taking my future children there to go see Grandma and Grandpa Rice and go to Disneyland and continue to make all kinds of wonderful memories there. But I have to face the music and "grow up" so to speak. But I really don't want to let go. I'm not ready to grow up. I don't think I'll ever be there, but here I am, 25 1/2 years old (yes, closer to 30 now) and in this moment of emotion and weakness I feel like a child who just wants to go home- escape to my personal Never-Neverland. 4 weeks... then I can fly free again.

On a happier note, I really enjoyed earlier today. Chris and I went to the Houston Zoo and enjoyed every minute of it. It was nice and cool out and the animals were quite lively and "affectionate" toward one another as it is getting closer to spring, if you get my drift. ;) I can't wait to go back in a few months to see what babies have been born! I truly appreciated the beauty of God's creatures today and it made me feel close to Him.

1 comment:

  1. You need to visit the Utah part of your family, too k? :) I think I'm going to miss your childhood home, too! So many great memories there of sleepovers and cousin-bonding. Love it. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete